Feb 8, 2023
Asterion DC ASA Series
The Sorensen Asterion DC ASA Series features three independent, isolated 600W channels for a combined 1800W total output power.
The Sorensen™ Asterion® DC ASA Series is the newest addition to the Asterion platform of power testing solutions. The ASA Series features three independent, isolated 600W channels for a combined 1800W total output power. The autoranging supplies feature expanded current and voltage range at the full output power level, enabling the ability to satisfy a wider testing need without requiring the purchase of additional models.
View our Asterion DC ASA infographic here.
- 3 independent, isolated 600W channels
- Total power density up to 1800W in a 1U chassis
- 5 autoranging output channel options
- Intuitive color touch panel control
- Multi-language display for global operation
- Multi-channel programmable sequencing, ramps and delays
- Active power factor correction (PFC)
- Standard LXI LAN, USB, and RS232 interfaces
- Optional GPIB interface
- Full remote control via Virtual Panels™
Control via Front Panel Touchscreen & Encoder Knob or available digital control interfaces
The Asterion DC ASA Series is Digital Signal Processor (DSP) controlled and can be operated from the intuitive, easy-to-use front panel touchscreen or the Ethernet LXI, USB and RS232 standard control interfaces, as well as through the optional GPIB control interface. The touchscreen function group icons include a Dashboard, Output Programming Parameters, Measurements, Sequencing, Configuration, Control Interfaces, Applications, and System Settings. Function selection and parameter entry can be achieved either by direct selection from the touchscreen or by using the encoder selector button. The control resolution is adjusted by a dynamic rate change algorithm that combine the benefits of precise control over small parameter changes with quick sweeps through the entire range.
The Asterion DC ASA Series is designed for testing today’s complex electronics, including telecommunications and commercial electronics requiring low profile, light weight power supplies with high power density. Other applications include:
- Military and aerospace electronics test
- DC power simulation
- Commercial manufacturing and process control
- Research and development
- Automotive component and battery testing
- ATE applications