Feb 8, 2023
Asterion DC ASM Series
The Sorensen Asterion DC ASM Series features three independent, isolated 1,700W channels, providing 5,100W total power.
The Sorensen™ Asterion® DC ASM Series is the newest addition to the Asterion platform of power testing solutions. The new ASM Series features up to three independent, isolated, fixed-range outputs in a 1U high chassis.
The Asterion DC ASM Series, just like the Asterion DC Series, offers complete remote programming and control via Virtual Panels™ GUI, and intuitive front panel touch screen operation. Additionally, the instrument can be controlled via standard LXI Ethernet, USB, and RS232 control interfaces, as well as through the optional GPIB control interface or isolated analog programming.
View the Asterion DC ASM Infographic here.
- Three independent, isolated 1,700W channels, 5,100W total
- 1U rack-mount chassis
- 9 output options
- Multi-language, intuitive, color touch panel control
- Global 3-Phase AC Input options for system phase balancing
- Active power factor correction (PFC)
- Multi-channel programmable sequencing, ramps, and delays
- Full remote control via Virtual Panels™ GUI
- Standard LXI Ethernet, USB and RS232 control interfaces
- Optional GPIB control interface or isolated analog programming
Advanced Intelligent Control
The Asterion DC Series is operated from the intuitive, easy-to-use front panel touch screen display. Quickly access output programming parameters, measurements, configuration and system settings from the touch screen interface. Functions and parameters can be directly selected from the touch screen or by using the encoder selector button. The control resolution is adjusted by a dynamic rate change algorithm that combines the benefits of precise control over small parameter changes with quick sweeps through the entire range.
The Asterion DC ASM Series is designed for testing today’s complex electronics, including telecommunications and commercial electronics requiring low profile, light weight power supplies with high power density. Other applications include:
- Military and aerospace electronics test
- Test & Measurement ATE applications
- Semiconductor testing and burn-in
- Commercial manufacturing and process control
- Research and development
- Automotive component and battery testing