Charger Topologies of Today and Tomorrow
There is no universal charger for all kinds of batteries, since distinct industries focus on different technical and commercial requirements. This article summarizes the needs of industrial and automotive chargers as well as topologies to meet them.
This whitepaper provides a summary of technical and commercial requirements for industrial and automotive battery chargers and describes the pros and cons of different technical solutions. An overview is given for a broad range of PFC and DC/DC topologies including more detailed aspects for the most common solutions, as well as the increasingly interesting technology of wireless charging with high power.
In the whitepaper you will learn more about:
- Design requirements of industrial and automotive battery chargers
- PFC topologies for single- and three-phase supply
- DC/DC topologies for uni- and bidirectional operation
- Semiconductor (Si, SiC and GaN) impact on topology selection
- Wireless charging technology and aspects
The provider of this whitepaper