BATTERY PROTECTION FUSES New battery protection fuse protect against failures and shutdowns
Littelfuse, Inc. has launched its Energy Storage Rack (ESR) series of fuses designed specifically to protect battery racks from a range of fault currents to help prevent equipment damage and expensive system failures. The 1500 V direct current (DC) high-speed square body fuse is extremely fast-acting to respond quickly, safeguarding the battery module or other devices.
"The ESR is a Class aBat partial range fuse with superior short circuit protection and a low minimum breaking capacity-from 300 % or three times the fuse rated current to a maximum DC fault current of 250 kA," stated Sakthidharan Krishnamoorthy, product manager, Littelfuse Industrial Business Unit. "With these features, the ESR fuse offers a wider range of DC over-current protection to battery-powered systems than other fuses. In addition, the high DC short circuit capabilities optimize space and deliver cost savings for energy storage system integrators."
Specifically designed to safeguard evolving battery technologies with fuse circuit protection, the ESR series conforms to the IEC60269-7 battery standard.
- High DC interrupting rating to provide superior short-circuit protection and the ability to scale-up systems, without the need to redesign the existing circuit protection, saving time and costs
- Low minimum breaking current which offers easy coordination with battery modules and reduces size rating requirements of DC contactors to optimize space and decrease expenses
- An extremely fast acting response to deliver high-speed performance
- Low watt loss to maximize efficiencies by preventing energy loss and minimizing the wasted power of components
- A compact NH 1XL size that requires less space and offers design flexibility
- Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) - Battery Protection Units (BPU) and Battery Stations.
- Power conversion systems
- DC common bus systems
- Hybrid PV-BESS inverters