PCIM EUROPE CONFERENCE
SiC power module for high-temperature automotive application
Wide band-gap power semiconductor devices such as SiC and GaN devices break thermal operating limits and switching speed limits of the Si semiconductors.
This paper contains:
- Power module design concept
- Power module design
- System integration design
- Manufacturing steps
- Clean signal strategy for double pulse measurement
- Determination of DC link inductance with distributed DC link capacitance
- Comparison with classical wirebonded
- Conclusion and further steps
This download is provided to you by third parties (eg the manufacturer) or from our editorial staff free of charge.
Without semiconductors, the world would be a very different place; we would have no electronic hand calculators, microwave ovens, digital alarm clocks, cellphones, personal computers, electronically controlled transmissions, or washing machines.more...
Many publications have already dealt with the unwanted parasitic turn-on (PTO) of semiconductor devices and how to get rid of it. But in the same-titled paper, it was shown that high power applications may even benefit from a small PTO.more...